Over the years, there had been numerous advertisements on TV and online about supplements that help with weight loss. In recent years, there are a number of weight-loss supplements that have been gaining attention and popularity. There are also program and diet plans that involve the use of certain supplements. Undeniably, there has been a continuous clamor for supplements that can help people to significantly reduce their weight. If you’re one of them, you’ll surely highly consider taking weight-loss supplement.
What are Weight-Loss Supplements?
There are certain foods such as green tea that can be considered as supplement for weight loss. Others consider pineapple juice and herbal teas as weight-loss supplements. But technically, weight-loss supplement refers to any tablet, capsule or pill that contains formulation of chemical or herbal ingredients that targets appetite and metabolism.
Commonly called thermogenic aids, supplements for weight-loss are designed to help you lose appetite and, thus, help you to take fewer calories because you eat less of foods. Another function of the supplement is to increase your metabolism so you burn more calories. In these ways, the supplement effectively works in helping you lose a significant amount of weight over time. You may contact Essential Health Foods for samples of the best weight-loss supplements.
How Do Weight-Loss Supplements Work?
Many weight-loss supplements today are able to help people lose weight because of the ingredients they contain. With these ingredients, the supplement is able to succeed in helping the user lose appetite and increase metabolism. Below are some of the most common and known to be effective ingredients in making supplements work.
- Niacin (Vitamin B12) – It is present in supplements in big doses. Many claims that it is not only effective in promoting general well-being and lessening the effects of certain medical conditions. It is also known to help people in losing weight through its effect of increasing metabolism.
- Bioperine – It is an extract of black pepper that is known to increase the transport of active nutrients, to increase the gut’s emulsifying content, and to increase the supply of blood to the GI tract. These allow for better metabolism and, thus, aid in the reduction of weight.
- Caffeine – It is a substance commonly found in coffee and tea. It is part of many weight-loss supplements because it is known to support the increase of both lipolysis and thermogenesis. Lipolysis is the breakdown of fat while thermogenesis is the metabolism’s boost in burning calories.
- Hoodia – It is a plant that resembles a cactus and is known to help in suppressing appetite.
- Guar gum – It is known to help people feel full even when they consume a small amount of meal. In addition, the ingredient is also helps in blocking fat absorption.
- Bitter orange – It contains chemicals that help in the temporary suppression of appetite. It also helps in increasing the number of calories that you can burn.
With the different ingredients listed above, weight-loss supplements become effective in helping people lose weight in significant amounts. However, not all supplements contain all of ingredients above. Each supplement has its own formulation, which means also that it may have the same ingredient that others have but in different amount.
How to Succeed in Losing Weight?
Though supplements are effective in increasing one’s rate of metabolism and in suppressing the appetite or urge to eat lots of foods, they can be more effective when certain advices and recommendations from dietitians and doctors are considered and implemented as well.
- To achieve results at a faster rate, you also need to follow regular sessions of workout. You may exercise for 15 to 20 minutes five days a week. There are workout routines that target specific parts of the body, so research about it. Usually push ups and sit ups are good workout routines because they involve the whole body. Swimming is also a great exercise. Doing exercise regularly can complement the supplement in increasing your metabolism and, thus, burn far more calories.
- Follow a balanced and healthy diet. The weight-loss supplement may be effective in increasing metabolism and suppressing appetite, but it won’t work in reducing your weight if you keep on eating foods that have high fat content. So, avoid eating junk foods, fast food meals, and others that are not really healthy. AS much as possible, eat raw and organic foods such as nuts, root crops, fresh fruits and vegetables, and others.
With the ingredients of weight-loss supplements and proper diet and exercise, you’ll surely achieve your desired results. You can effectively lose weight in the time
frame you have set.
If you find this article interesting, you can read more topics like this. Click here to learn more.